This temporary student assistant position is scheduled between 10 and 16 hours per week. Scheduled shifts are dependent on student assistant’s availability and the operational priorities and needs of the division and/or department.
The Development Student Assistant provides clerical and event support to the Development department.
- List maintenance
- Mail preparation/mailing
- Prepare Honor With Books materials
- Provide customer service to event guests
- Assist with preparing materials for events
- Attend training sessions as required
- Other duties as assigned
Sitting at a computer screen, physically lifting and moving materials weighing up to 50 lbs., bending and stretching, and exposure to dust.
* Customer service skills and high energy level
* Ability to lift up to 40lbs
* Ability to push and pull fully loaded book trucks weighing up to 100lbs
* Strong attention to detail and ability to follow directions
* Performs independently and able to remain flexible when changes are needed
* Effective communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
* Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
* Experience with data entry preferred