This temporary student assistant position is scheduled between 10 and 15 hours per week Monday through Friday between 8:00am and 4:00pm. Scheduled shifts are dependent on student assistant’s availability and the operational priorities and needs of the division and/or department.
The purpose of this position is to process invoices and other financial documents for library resources. Accurate processing will keep the UNLV Libraries accounting practices within NSHE regulations for budget tracking and auditing activities. The incumbent reviews resources costs identifying any anomalous to bring to the attention of the Continuing Resources Lifecycle Coordinator. The incumbent also maintains papers files keeping all retained invoices, statements, credits, etc. organized for easy reference.
- Enter payment and credit information into the integrated library system.
- Inform Continuing Resources Lifecycle Coordinator of any discrepancies in resource costs or payment amounts logged.
- File financial documents for reference, keeping files in order.
- Pull, and shred, old financial documents, following NSHE regulations.
- Assist other CAD staff as needed.
Sitting at a computer screen in a shared environment, sorting and shifting paper files, physically lifting and moving materials weighing up to 50 lbs., and exposure to dust.
Familiarity with Microsoft Windows operating system.
Strong attention to detail and ability to follow directions.
Performs independently and able to remain flexible when changes are needed.
Effective communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
Ability to push and pull fully loaded book trucks weighing up to 100lbs.
Experience with Microsoft Office.