This temporary student assistant position is scheduled between 15 and 20 hours during the working week. Scheduled shifts are dependent on student assistant’s availability and the operational priorities and needs of the division and/or department.
The Assessment Student Assistant provides assistance with the evaluation of library services, resources, spaces, and other areas of the library in order to: 1) determine the impact of library services to the university and 2) how to improve library performance and align library services and resources to university needs.
- Locate, identify, and copy data from various sources in the library to a centralized database
- Check data to ensure it is accurate and error free
- Organize files and data
- Maintain and ensure that sensitive information is kept secure and confidential
Analysis and Visualization:
- Create visualizations such as word clouds from existing data
- Willingness to learn software for analysis and visualization, e.g. Tableau
- Assist with special projects as they arise
- Proofreading and editing documents and other text
- Attend unit, department, and library meetings as required
- Attend training sessions as required
- Other duties as assigned
Sitting at a computer screen.
* Strong attention to detail and ability to follow directions
* Performs independently and able to remain flexible when changes are needed
* Effective communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
* Experience with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word or similar
* Experience working in a library or similar environment
* Graphic design experience