This temporary student assistant position is scheduled between 10 and 20 hours per week. Scheduled shifts are dependent on student assistant's availability and the operational priorities and needs of the division and/or department.
The Stacks unit in the Access Services Department is responsible for shelving materials that have been returned to the library and they assist with maintaining the appearance of the building.
- Shelve, retrieve, and shift library materials
- Conduct in-house use counts for unshelved materials
- Inventory/shelf-read assigned section of library to ensure correct shelving order
- Search the collections for library materials that may be missing, "claims returned", etc.
- Straighten the shelves of books, update aisle markers as needed, replace bookends.
- Report maintenance or security problems (lights out, broken furniture, spills etc.) to supervisor or Safety personnel
- Record usage statistics
- Coordinate with other departments and libraries for deliveries
- Clean book shelves
- Maintain and reshelve specialized areas such as leisure area and periodicals
- Help patrons locate materials in the stacks
- Work on specialized projects
- Work on shifting projects as assigned
- Cleaning and maintenance of the book returns
- Coordinate with Circulation for front desk help during busy periods
Physically lifting and moving materials weighing up to 50 lbs., maneuvering book trucks weighing up to 100 lbs., bending and stretching, and exposure to dust. Capable of reading labels for shelving and shelf reading.
* Customer service skills and high energy level
* Strong attention to detail and ability to follow directions
* Performs independently and able to remain flexible when changes are needed
* Effective communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
* Experience working in a library environment preferred