The University Libraries MAINLY hires students with a verified Work-Study Eligibility obtained through UNLV Student Financial Services.
1. Submit a UNLV Libraries Student Employment Application online.
2. Student work-study eligibility will be verified with UNLV Student Financial Aid Services by Library Administration Human Resources.
3. The Online application will be updated to indicate if the student is work-study eligible or not.
4. Library supervisors who are hiring student employees will select candidates from the Libraries Student Employment Application Database and will call or email candidates for an interview.
5. After the hiring supervisor and student agree on a start date, the supervisor will contact Library Administration Human Resources to set up an appointment for the new student employee to complete a hiring packet.
NOTE: Student Employees must complete all hiring paperwork before reporting to work
The initial employment paperwork includes:
- W-4 tax form: establishes tax withholding allowance.
- I-9 Employment Eligibility form: ensures that the student is eligible to obtain work within the United States
- Drug-free Workplace agreement: commits you to a drug-free workplace
- Sexual Harassment Policy
- Personal Data Sheet
Visit the Library Administration office on the 2nd floor of Lied Library or call 895-2286.