You are here
Full text of 450 engineering handbooks, covering the fields of civil, mechanical, and electrical engineering and telecommunications. Search all or selected handbooks by keyword or browse table of contents of specific handbooks. Ability to narrow search to a database of only those handbooks covering civil engineering, electrical engineering , mechanical engineering or telecommunications, rather than searching the bigger database of all the handbooks at once. The latest edition of each handbook is available.
- To limit your search to one of the four separate subject-specific databases (civil engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or telecommunications) select CRCnetBASE from the menu on the left side of the page. Then select the database of your choice from the menu in the pop-up box.
- CRC has a variety of search options:
- To match one character at the end of a word use a ? (appl? matches apple or apply).
- To match any number of characters at the end of a word use a * (appl* matches application or applied).
- To do a phonic search use a # (#smith will search smith or smythe).
- To search for synonyms use a & (fast& will also search for quick).
- To search within a specific handbook, use the advanced search screen. Type the title of the handbook you wish to search in the box labeled title. If you do not know the exact title of the handbook you want to search, click on the plus symbol next publications at the bottom of the search screen and then click on unselect all. Browse until you see the handbook you want to search in the alphabetical list, also at the bottom of the search screen and click in the box next to it.
Where is it :
Go to the UNLV Libraries' home page. Under Find, select Articles, then under Article databases by name, click on the letter C and select CRC Engineering Handbooks.