You are here
With coverage back to 1983, Book Review Digest Plus provides citations and excerpts of reviews of current English-language fiction and nonfiction books for children and adults. An abstract of each book is also provided.
To be indexed in Book Review Digest:
- A book must have been published or distributed in the United States or Canada.
- A work of nonfiction must have received reviews in two or more of the periodicals on the Book Review Digest selection list.
- A work of fiction must have received reviews in at least three of the periodicals.
Reviews of textbooks, government publications, and technical books in law and the sciences are excluded.
- To begin your search, select Book Review Digest from the database selection area at the top of the page.
- If you are uncertain as to how an author's name may be listed, click on Browse from the menu on the left and type in the author's last name. Select author, personal as the field to search in. From the search results page, click in the box by any authors you are interested in searching and click on selected entries at the bottom of the page.
- Another option for finding a review of a specific book is to search by title. To do this, select advanced search and type in the title of the book. Select Title from the drop down menu next to the word as. Then click on search.
Where is it :
Go to the UNLV Libraries' home page. Under Find, select Articles, then under Article databases by name, click on the letter B and select Book Review Digest Plus.