***Call for proposals – deadline Friday, April 24, 2015***
The ALCTS CaMMS Cataloging & Classification Research Interest Group is seeking proposals for presentations at its 2015 ALA Annual meeting in San Francisco, CA. The meeting will be held on Sunday, June 28, 2015, from 10:30 am–11:30 am. Possible topics include, but are not limited to:
• Research on RDA and its impact on end users
• Research on cataloging of non-book materials in an RDA environment
• Research on evidence-based decision making for cataloging and classification
• Research on cataloging using multiple schema, formats, and standards
• Research, surveys or studies on catalog discovery layers
• Research on alternatives to the MARC format
Full presentations should be about 15 minutes long. Audience questions and discussion will be encouraged after the presentations. Brief 5 to 10 minute summaries of less extensive projects or research in progress will also be considered.
Email proposals by Friday, April 24 to Rachel Jaffe (email@example.com).