Faculty and students have access to a new online tool purchased by the UNLV University Libraries that assists with research and scholarship organization, discovery, and collaboration. Mendeley is an online reference manager and academic social network tailored to meet the increasingly varied needs of academic researchers.
While the University Libraries, in partnership with OIT, will continue to support RefWorks, this new tool offers several additional features. These features include:
- 5 GB of personal cloud-based storage.
- The ability to add text comments and highlights to stored PDF files.
- More than 6,000 citation styles to create formatted citations.
- Compatibility with Microsoft Word, OpenOffice, and LibreOffice software.
- The capability to locate and connect with colleagues who share similar research interests.
- Space to create private, multi-institutional research groups with up to 25 members, invite-only public groups, and open public groups.
- Viewing and adding references to the shared group space.
- Suggested readings tailored to your research interests.
Users can edit their public profile in order to highlight current research interests and scholarship.
Visit the Mendeley website and use your UNLV email account to sign up. To learn more about Mendeley, visit our Library Guide, sign up for a Mendeley workshop, or contact a University Library faculty member.