You are here
Link to Library Databases on WebCampus
Direct your students to scholarly resources by creating links to library databases in your Web Campus courses.
Legal agreements require that only UNLV affiliated patrons can access library databases. Following the directions listed will ensure that your students can connect to resources from both on and off-campus.
- Choose a database from the Find Articles and More page
- Right Mouse Click and choose "Copy Link Location"
Depending on the length of the URL, you may need to convert the link to a shorter version by using one of the free services listed below.
- Open your library resources folder, or the page where you would like to place your link
- Click on "Add Content Link" (from the pull down menu)
- Click on "Web Link"
- Click on "Create Web Link" (Notice that each web link, once created, is reusable through the "Select from inventory" option)
- Provide a name for your link
- Provide a description for your link, if desired
- In the "Web Address" box delete the http://
- Paste in your URL by either right clicking in the box and choosing "Paste" or by pressing the Control Key and the letter V at the same time
- "Click on Save" or "Save and Create Another"
- Use the "Student View" tab to preview how the link will look to students
Information is subject to change, as vendors update their products. If you encounter problems using the methods outlined above or if you have additional questions or problems, please contact your liaison librarian for assistance.