The University of Nevada, Las Vegas
UNLV is a doctoral-degree granting institution with more than 27,000 students, 900 faculty members and 200 degree programs.
UNLV Libraries’ Mission
The UNLV Libraries support the mission of the University to emerge as a premier metropolitan university, embracing the traditional values of higher education adapted for the global community in the 21st century. The Libraries build collections and provide access to information and services to support teaching, learning, research and creative endeavors. The Libraries foster information literacy, working with the UNLV community to think critically, create new knowledge, and be life-long learners.
UNLV Libraries Highlights
- A staff of over 120 highly-trained and experienced individuals
- Budget over $13 million
- More than 1 million bound volumes (ca. 32,000 added annually)
- Over 200 electronic indexes, databases & reference sources
- Over 16,000 serials (electronic and print)
- More than 1 million state and federal government documents
- Internationally renowned Special Collections housing unique, rare & specialized research materials documenting Las Vegas, southern Nevada, the gaming industry, and UNLV
- Main Library (Lied Library) and three branch libraries: Architecture Studies, Curriculum Materials & Music
Total of 325,600 sq. ft.
- All libraries new or renovated since 1997
- 16 Wired Group Study Rooms
- 4 Media Viewing Rooms
- 5 Smart Classrooms
- LASR (Lied Automated Storage and Retrieval) – high density storage for appox. 600,000 volumes in main library
- Preservation/Conservation Laboratory
- Over 350 public computer workstations
- RFID (radio frequency identification) system enables materials to be tracked and identified efficiently
- Multi-media design studio
- Digital media distribution system
- Internet 2 Access Grid Node
- In house Systems staff of 9
- In house Web and Digitization staff of 7
Full-time Employee Benefits:
- No state income tax
- Health insurance, including vision, dental and prescription drugs
- 11 paid holidays, starting positions: 15 days annual leave and 15
days sick leave per year
- No Social Security deduction
- Employer-paid life, AD&D, business accident & long-term disability insurances
- Educational support
- Opportunity for annual salary growth through COLA and merit
Return to Employment homepage
Invent the Future at UNLV Libraries
The University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries is on an exciting journey. We’re moving beyond being just another brand-new, high-tech building to being the center of student learning in one of the nation’s fastest growing universities.
UNLV is home to many of the Southwest’s best minds in science, economics, history, and the arts. This is where the newest information systems, like those in our library, provide a powerful means of research. UNLV understands its responsibility to help students learn to meet the intellectual and ethical challenges of the 21st century. Library faculty and staff are key partners in pursuit of this goal. Working with faculty and students to teach information literacy skills is central to the Libraries’ educational mission.
The UNLV Libraries’ leadership team is future-oriented. Creative solutions are strongly supported by opportunity and funding. Faculty and staff are championed to pursue professional goals with generous professional development support, competitive salaries, and excellent retirement benefits.
You are invited to be part of this thrilling journey!