You are here
Anthropology Plus is an international index of journal articles, reports, commentaries, edited works and obituaries in the fields of social, cultural, physical, biological, and linguistic anthropology, ethnology, archaeology, folklore, material culture, and interdisciplinary studies.
This database combines the Anthropological Literature index from the Tozzer Library, Harvard University and the Anthropological Literature index from the Royal Anthropological Institute in the UK.
The index offers excellent coverage of all core periodicals in the field in addition to local and lesser-known journals. Coverage is from the late 19th century to the present.
- To do a simple search, the search box is located at the top of each page. You can enter a keyword, author, title word, subject word, or journal search from the Home screen or any result display screen. (Keyword is the default index for Anthropological Plus.)
- Click on your choice of search.
- Type your search text in the open box.
- Press Enter or click Search.
- To delete search terms, click Clear.
- Click on advanced search to perform a more sophisticated search. Choose an index from the first list. Type your search term in the first text box. If you don't need a second search term, press Enter or click Search. To include a second search term, choose And, Or, or Not for your Boolean operator. Choose a second index and type your search term in the second text box. Press Enter or click Search. Or to limit your search, choose one of the commonly used Limit options for this database shown on the Advanced Search screen, and then press Enter.
- The question mark works as a truncation symbol and looks for additional information following your search term. For example, baptis? for baptism, baptist, baptismal,etc.
Try adding a question mark:
- If you're not sure of the spelling of a word(s), for example, anastas? for anastasia, anastasiia,or anastasis.
- If you're not sure of the exact form of a phrase, for example, congo kin? for congo-kinshasa.
Where is it :
Go to the UNLV Libraries' home page. Under Find, select Articles, then under Article databases by name, click on the letter A and select Anthropology Plus.